There are many villages made up with the characteristic whitewashed homes designed in the Cycladic style, and these are very impressive, especially the ones situated along the edge of the caldera. Santorini-Car-Rental.com presents to you the Top 10 places of Santorini.
1. Fira is the main town of Santorini and can be characterized as a typical Cycladic Village made of dazzling white painted houses with blue color windows and doors separated from each other with stepped streets. Fira is situated about 10 km from the main port. Fira offers a lot of winding paths, shops, cafes and restaurants. The views from here are very impressive.
2. Oia is one of the most famous villages in Santorini, also pronounced as "Ia". The village is built on a steep slope of caldera and situated on the northern side of the Island of Santorini Greece, which is 11 Km away from the Village of Fira. Here is where some of the most stunning sunsets are viewed, and is the most photographed place on Santorini. In 1956 part of this village was destroyed by the earthquake, though it has since been reconstructed. The vividly colored homes that appear to be clinging to the cliffs make this a very stunning place.
3. Imerovigli and Firostefani are two more villages within walking distance and have beautiful views of the sunset.
4. Akrotiri is a town 10 km south-west of Fira. It is an important archaeological area with impressive ruins, and an interesting museum. Akrotiri is a traditional village close to the famous red beach.
Beautiful beaches of Santorini are the key source of attraction for most of visitors coming to this island.The beaches you will find here are not golden beaches but are black, grey, red and white sandy beaches.
6. Red beach is the most famous beach in the Island, located near Akrotiri and 12 km south-west of Fira. The beach has unique red sand and the hill behind it. Due to a small beach area it gets crowded quickly. One can find chairs, umbrellas, and paddleboats for rent. The red beach is accessible by private cars or rent cars and then walking by the lot. Red beach also can be reached by sea with help of boats that departs from the ports of Akrotiri and Fira.
7. Perissa is regarded as one of the most popular beaches of Santorini Island situated 15 km south east of Fira. Due to its impressive and amazing black sandy beach Perissa has been attracting huge visitors and becomes more crowded at summer holidays time. A great verity of hotels, taverns, restaurants, bars, beach bars, rooms and night clubs are available here.
8. Kamari is the longest, busiest and the first beach which was developed as a beach holiday resort, situated 10 kilometers south east of Fira. Kamari is located nearby beach to Perissa but is separated by a huge rock called Mesa Vouno. This is a family resort, fashionable with package tour operators. The general landscape of the beach is much similar to Perissa with spectacular black sands. Kamari is the hot spot for visitors offering varieties of hotels, rooms, tavernas, restaurants, beach bars, cafes, water sports, sun umbrellas and night clubs to entertain the visitors.
9. Monolithos is nearest to the Kamari. Monolithos situated 7 km east of Fira is one of the more popular family friendly beaches. There is a beach volley court for the energetic and a playground for the children. The coast here is very picturesque.
Renting a car is the best way to look and feel the entire magnificence of Santorini as per your convenience, which can provide you optimum travel charm with freedom and flexibility. The cost of rental cars is very cheap. Renting a suitable car not only add luxury and extra comfort to your vacation tour but also help you a lot for visiting all the popular tourist attractions and beaches of the magical island as per your suitability and easy time. To explore Santorini it is highly advisable to rent a car Santorini from Santorini-Car-Rental.com. All car rentals are new and at excellent mechanical condition. Also you can choose free delivery of your car rental at Santorini Airport,rent a car Santorini Port or car hire anywhere on the Santorini Island.